Dive into my mind for tidbits from cooking to raising kids to politics to herbal remedies. My rants, raves, ideas and opinions displayed for the open-minded explorer.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Oh, the horror! (carseat rant)

I recently observed the following: baby put in infant carrier in big puffy jacket with straps slack. STRAPS SLACK! What is the point of the carseat at all when said baby can be flung from it in case of an accident?! Might as well lay the child on the back seat with no restraints. I didn't say anything because I think I've said something before and if ya don't care, ya don't care. It's not my baby, after all.

Still, it upsets me soooo bad to see this. Stressful, that's what.

If you are one of these parents who straps their baby in this way, I hope it's because you didn't know any better. No one knows anything until they learn. I didn't know how to fasten my babies until I was told, either. Btw, thanks ALOT, Brooke, for making me so aware and irritated at others!;)

So, here's the safer way to secure your child in a carseat: Put them in a puffy jacket if it's cold, just leave it unzipped. Fasten the carseat straps over the shoulders with baby's arms in coat sleeves. The straps should come down over baby's shoulders, fastening across chest (chest/nipples, not belly) and between legs snuggly. Then zip coat around the fastened carseat straps. Ta-dah! Baby is warm AND safe. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment