Dive into my mind for tidbits from cooking to raising kids to politics to herbal remedies. My rants, raves, ideas and opinions displayed for the open-minded explorer.

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Baby Blues

Is it bad that I kinda dread having a new baby?? Not that I would say I don't want this baby, just that I'm not too excited about those first few weeks... never sleeping more than 2-3 hours in a row, the general pain and discomfort, having to learn about this baby, the nursing challenges, the jealous and probably-misbehaving big brothers. :( I just don't look forward to all that. Can you blame me? I'm very content right now to watch other people with their newborns and grimace with understanding as they go through all of the above.

On the other hand, some good things about having a new baby include having meals brought to us so I don't have to raise myself from my sitting/prostrate position :}, Mama coming over for a few days to do my laundry (I said "my" before I thought, because it's NOT all my laundry-it's everybody's- but it's my job so therefore, it's mine. ugh.) and make sure the misbehaving brothers are entertained, a sudden lack of heartburn, standing up on my own again, AND a tiny baby to hold and snuggle.

I guess it's not all bad. Just how I feel these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment